Be a Part of the Credit Union Difference
Interested in joining our team? We are always looking for great people to serve our members. At Dover Federal Credit Union, we recognize that our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing competitive wages, excellent benefits, a friendly work environment, and opportunities for growth.
Health and Well-Being
- Health Insurance: Full-time employees are eligible after 60 days of employment for medical, dental, and vision insurance. Dover Federal Credit Union pays 85% of premiums and employees pay 15%. This is for employee-only coverage. Additional coverage for dependents, spouse, and family is paid 100% by employee.
- Group Life & Disability: Full-time employees are eligible after 90 days of employment and Dover Federal Credit Union pays for 100% of the premium.
- Blood Bank Membership: Full-time and part-time/peak employees are eligible for this benefit. Dover Federal Credit Union pays the full amount of the sign-up fee for qualified employees each year in January.
As an employee of Dover Federal Credit Union, we can assist you in saving for retirement with a 401(k) plan. Qualified employees (full-time and part-time/peak employees who work at least 1,000 hours per year) may make pre-tax contributions and the Credit Union will match employee contributions up to 3%.
Dover Federal employees enjoy ten paid holidays each year including:
Paid Time Off
Qualified full-time employees at Dover Federal Credit Union begin accruing paid time off after 90 days of employment according to the following schedule:
- Year one: 1 day for each full month after initial 90 days of employment
- Year two through four: 17 days
- Year five through nine: 22 days
- Year ten through fourteen: 27 days
- Year fifteen and beyond: 32 days
Full-time employees at Dover Federal Credit Union are eligible for up to $3,000 per year for educational expenses. Part-time/peak employees may qualify for the Governor's Workforce Grant to pay for educational expenses.
Flexible Spending Account
All Dover Federal Credit Union employees may take advantage of a Flexible Spending Account, which allows for pre-tax deductions for child care, out of pocket medical expenses, and dependent care. Employees must enroll for the Flexible Spending Account during the open enrollment period.
Dover Federal Credit Union also provides time off for jury duty, funeral leave (immediate family only), and military reserve training. A full description of benefits is outlined in the policy manual. For further details, contact the Human Resource Department.
To apply for a position at Dover Federal download an Application For Employment here. Please fill out the application and either fax, mail, or bring in the application to any Dover Federal branch location or to our Corporate Center.
To see our locations, click here.
To fax an application, dial 302-678-8037. To mail an application, please address to: Attn: Heather Shupe, Dover Federal Credit Union, 1075 Silver Lake Blvd., Dover, DE 19904.
Dover Federal Credit Union is seeking a dynamic individual to perform, full-time, a variety of duties and responsibilities relating to all phases of the collections department of the organization.
This valuable team member should possess the following core competencies in relation to the attached job description:
- Excellent Oral Communication – The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interacting with others.
- Excellent Written Communication – The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Persuasive Communication – The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Accountability – Takes personal responsibility for the outcomes of their own work, as well as for one’s actions and decisions.
- Decisiveness – The ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner.
- Initiative – Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – The ability to be open to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to accept change.
- Results Oriented – The ability to focus on one’s own results and goals.
- Stress Management – The ability to keep functioning when under pressure and maintain self-control.
- Building Relationships – Builds trust and rapport with others.
- Member Service Oriented – Meets or exceeds internal or external member’s expectations and is dedicated to one’s members.
- Problem Solving Skills – The ability to analyze data and information in an effort to resolve issues.
Member Service Representative
DFCU is seeking a dynamic individual to perform a variety of duties relating to all phases of member service. This valuable team member should possess the following core competencies in relation to the attached job description:
- Communication skills – ability to understand, assess the situation, and provide a solution utilizing knowledge, empathy, personal touch, enthusiasm, and the undivided attention to effectively deliver a superior service experience;
- Ownership – relentless pursuit to drive to completion any issue a member is requesting assistance to help resolve; the ability to seize the opportunity to satisfy a member request in the quickest way possible, taking a leadership role with accountability;
- Adaptable – ability to adjust rapidly to new situations;
- Team player – ability to foster team spirit;
- Goal driven;
- Adaptable and flexible;
- Positive outlook;
- Good problem solver and decision maker;
- Attention to Detail;
- Able to adhere to deadlines, responds in a timely manner;
- Flexible and can perform a wide variety of tasks;
- Willingness to work in ANY credit union branch to cover absences.
Dover Federal Credit Union is seeking a dynamic individual to perform a variety of duties relating to all phases of managing the Marketing department.
This valuable team member should possess the following core skills in relation to the attached job description
- Management, coaching and development of staff
- Market research, advertising, promotional campaigns, business development
- Branding strategies for print, radio, television and social media
- Development and monitoring of marketing budget
- Analysis of marketing programs, member surveys and other tracking tools to determine ROI of marketing programs
- Assuring marketing materials are in compliance with applicable federal, state and credit union regulations
- Proficiency in MCIF systems
- Ability to represent the credit union with members, community leaders and media professionals