Be a Part of the Credit Union Difference
Interested in joining our team? We are always looking for great people to serve our members. At Dover Federal Credit Union, we recognize that our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing competitive wages, excellent benefits, a friendly work environment, and opportunities for growth.
Health and Well-Being
- Health Insurance: Full-time employees are eligible after 60 days of employment for medical, dental, and vision insurance. Dover Federal Credit Union pays 85% of premiums and employees pay 15%. This is for employee-only coverage. Additional coverage for dependents, spouse, and family is paid 100% by employee.
- Group Life & Disability: Full-time employees are eligible after 90 days of employment and Dover Federal Credit Union pays for 100% of the premium.
- Blood Bank Membership: Full-time and part-time/peak employees are eligible for this benefit. Dover Federal Credit Union pays the full amount of the sign-up fee for qualified employees each year in January.
As an employee of Dover Federal Credit Union, we can assist you in saving for retirement with a 401(k) plan. Qualified employees (full-time and part-time/peak employees who work at least 1,000 hours per year) may make pre-tax contributions and the Credit Union will match employee contributions up to 3%.
Dover Federal employees enjoy ten paid holidays each year including:
Paid Time Off
Qualified full-time employees at Dover Federal Credit Union begin accruing paid time off after 90 days of employment according to the following schedule:
- Year one: 1 day for each full month after initial 90 days of employment
- Year two through four: 17 days
- Year five through nine: 22 days
- Year ten through fourteen: 27 days
- Year fifteen and beyond: 32 days
Full-time employees at Dover Federal Credit Union are eligible for up to $3,000 per year for educational expenses. Part-time/peak employees may qualify for the Governor's Workforce Grant to pay for educational expenses.
Flexible Spending Account
All Dover Federal Credit Union employees may take advantage of a Flexible Spending Account, which allows for pre-tax deductions for child care, out of pocket medical expenses, and dependent care. Employees must enroll for the Flexible Spending Account during the open enrollment period.
Dover Federal Credit Union also provides time off for jury duty, funeral leave (immediate family only), and military reserve training. A full description of benefits is outlined in the policy manual. For further details, contact the Human Resource Department.
To apply for a position at Dover Federal download an Application For Employment here. Please fill out the application and either fax, mail, or bring in the application to any Dover Federal branch location or to our Corporate Center.
To see our locations, click here.
To fax an application, dial 302-678-8037. To mail an application, please address to: Attn: Heather Shupe, Dover Federal Credit Union, 1075 Silver Lake Blvd., Dover, DE 19904.
Dover Federal Credit Union is seeking a full time Controller in the Accounting Department. The primary function of this position is to assist Dover Federal Credit Union in living out The Dover Federal Way. One of the primary means to achieve this end is to develop a highly effective team of employees and develop each employee to his/her highest potential through coaching and leadership. A key component of this service is to identify the financial needs of the member and recommend an appropriate credit union solution. This position is responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external members.
In addition, the Controller will oversee the daily finance and accounting operations and manage the ACH and check processing functions of the credit union. The employee is responsible for ensuring the general ledger system is maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and maintaining the integrity of the financial reporting systems.
Drop by any of our branches or click to open the Employment Application. Complete the highlighted areas, print, and send to: Attn: HR, Dover Federal CU 1075 Silver Lake Blvd. Dover, DE 19904. Note: Please complete the application and print before saving to your computer. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Description Form