Vehicle Loans & Vehicle Refinancing
Whether you are buying a new or used vehicle from a dealership or a private party, you can count on Dover Federal for low rates and a hassle-free application process. Consider the advantages of getting a pre-approved loan before you go car shopping and you will have the extra bargaining power of a cash buyer. Dover Federal provides low cost financing and a rate that is usually significantly less than dealership financing for:
- New or Used Recreational Vehicles
- Personal Water Crafts
By moving your vehicle loan to Dover Federal, you may be able to save hundreds of dollars in interest and/or lower your monthly payments. Call our loan professionals at 302-678-8000 from Kent County, 302-322-4230 from New Castle, or toll free at 888-818-3328 for a no-cost, no-obligation loan consultation.
Dover Federal offers low rates on Autos, New or Used Recreational Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, and Personal Water Crafts.
APR (As low as*)
|Autos and Motorcycles||2.99%|
|Boats and RVs||4.25%|
*Offer valid for a limited time only and loan is subject to credit approval. APR is Annual Percentage Rate. The Annual Percentage Rate is the advertised rate and can vary based on creditworthiness and terms of the loan. Rate is subject to change. Financing up to the retail value of the vehicle is available. This offer may not be combined with any other offer. The stated Auto Loan rate is discounted which includes: a requirement of automatic loan payment transfers, direct deposit of net pay and a checking account for .50% discount, requires Debt Protection Life and Disability for .25% discount and requires GAP Insurance for .25% discount for a total discount of 1.00%. The stated rates for the Boat and RV Loans are discounted which includes: a requirement of automatic loan payment transfers, direct deposit of net pay and a checking account for .50% discount and requires Debt Protection Life and Disability for .25% discount for a total discount of .75%. See Credit Union for Details.
Refinancing of existing Dover Federal Loans may not be available.
Online Loan Application
To apply for a loan online, click here.
In order to make it even more convenient for you to apply for a loan, Dover Federal has a "Loan-By-Phone" service dedicated exclusively to serving our Credit Union members.
You can apply for a loan from Dover Federal simply by calling our toll free number 800-589-5309.
When you call, a friendly Loan Counselor will review the loan services and rates currently available. When you are ready to apply, the Loan Counselor will be happy to take your information over the telephone.
Now you can obtain information about a credit union loan during and after our normal business hours. With "Loan-By-Phone," you can apply for a loan when it's convenient for you, even during evening and weekend hours.
Feel free to call from home, work, or from the car dealership. Whenever you are ready to apply for a loan, we can help. You can apply for just about any loan, including vehicle loans, personal loans, home improvement loans, or a VISA® Credit Card.
When you call, a Loan Counselor will ask you a few simple questions regarding your loan request. You will be promptly contacted by the credit union with a reply the next business day.
Sometimes taking out a loan can be a financial gamble.
Help play it safe!
Thinking about taking out a loan to make home improvements or buy a vehicle? It can be a financial gamble because life happens. You are betting you can pay back your loan and you will not lose your job (due to no fault of your own), or become disabled (due to injury or illness), or pass away-leaving your family responsible for your loan balance.
MEMBER'S CHOICE™ Borrower Security* is a voluntary loan-payment protection product that helps preserve your family's standard of living and gives you relief from financial burdens if a protected life event such as disability, loss of life, or involuntary employment happens to you.
Call a Member Services Representative at 302-678-8000 or 888-818-3328 and ask about protecting your loans today, or click here for more information.
*Your purchase of MEMBER'S CHOICE™ Borrower Security is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative, or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of MEMBER'S CHOICE™ Borrower Security.
Invest in America
There has never been a better time for credit union members to Invest in America. That is why credit unions have teamed up with GM and Chrysler to offer members great discounts on new American-made vehicles.
All eligible current and new credit union members have the unique opportunity to get a great discount on a new vehicle from either GM or Chrysler. While the discounts vary depending on which vehicle you choose, everyone will drive away with a great deal. Click here to learn more!
The deal gets even better when you finance your vehicle at Dover Federal. Thanks to our lower interest rates, your savings will really add up.
Loan Cost Calculator
Rate vs. Rebate Calculator
Unsure if you should finance your vehicle through the dealer or Dover Federal? Try our Rate vs. Rebate Calculator to find out the total amount you will pay for the vehicle after interest.
Motor Vehicle Certification Program
The Motor Vehicle Certification Program (MVCP) is a free service offered to Dover Federal members, which will assist you in the buying process of your next car or truck. The MVCP eliminates the frustrations when purchasing a new or used vehicle by saving you time and money when shopping. The MVCP advisors provide an estimated trade-in value, and with MVCP, you are price protected. Contact MVCP at 800-345-0990 or click here.
Follow these easy steps:
1. Contact MVCP at 800-345-0990 or www.mvcp.com and ask for an advisor. They will explain the program to you and direct you to participating dealers.
2. Visit the MVCP dealership, select the vehicle, and get the MVCP pre-negotiated price. If you are unable to take delivery that day, leave a deposit and ask for a purchase order detailing the transaction.
3. Call MVCP back either before or shortly after your purchase. Advisors will audit the transaction and certify that you have received the price you are entitled to.
4. We suggest obtaining a loan pre-approval. With the MVCP certificate and our low rates, all you need to do is pick out the color of your new vehicle!
You are about to be directed to a third party's website where your financial institution does not control content or practices, and makes no warranty for its contents, products, and services, or the security of the transmissions of information.
Repossessions for Sale
If you are interested in a gently used vehicle, consider purchasing one that is available from Dover Federal. Vehicles listed for sale may be inspected Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm at one of our local Dover Federal branch offices.
Interested in Placing a Bid on a Vehicle?
Follow these instructions to place a bid on a vehicle.
1. Print & Fill Out a Bid Form.
2. Seal and Mail Bid Form via the US Postal Service to:
DOVER FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
1075 Silver Lake Blvd.
Dover, DE 19904
3. OR submit your bid in person by completing the bid form, placing
it in a sealed envelope, and delivering it to any branch office.
If you have any questions regarding repossessed vehicles, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: We reserve the right to accept or reject any and all bids.)
Enterprise Car Sales
Buy a quality, low mileage used car through Enterprise Car Sales during the year by the Credit Union.
Check out these great benefits to purchasing a car through Enterprise:
- No-Haggle Pricing - At Enterprise, you will never have to worry about negotiating with a salesperson. And their prices are set below Kelley Blue Book value!
- Certified Vehicles - Every Enterprise vehicle must pass a 109-point inspection.
- Trade-Ins & Financing - Enterprise will gladly accept trade-ins and will help used car buyers secure financing.
- They'll Buy Your Car - With no obligation or purchase necessary, Enterprise will offer you the fair market vehicle for your vehicle.
- 7-Day Repurchase Agreement - Enterprise will give you up to seven days or 1,000 miles if you change your mind about the vehicle you just purchased. They will repurchase your vehicle for the exact amount paid minus a small cleaning and documentation fee.
- 12/12 Limited Powertrain Warranty - Every Enterprise used vehicle is backed by a Limited Powertrain Warranty for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Vehicle Service Contracts - Extended service contracts are available on every Enterprise vehicle for added protection and peace of mind.
- Enterprise Roadside Assistance - For one year after your purchase, you will have access to their unlimited mileage roadside assistance program.
CU License Plate
Show the nation that you are a credit union member. This special license plate has been approved by the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles for display on your car, SUV, or pick-up. This is not a Novelty Plate or a Vanity Tag! It can be displayed instead of, or with, your current tag. Pick your own special number or get sequential numbers for all of your vehicles.
CU License Plates are available for a one-time fee of $20. (Note: $10 will be a donation to the League Scholarship Fund.)
To reserve your special number today, please contact Charlie at Charlie@dcul.org. Please include "CU TAG" in the subject line and your phone number in the email. After the email is submitted, he will call you back to verify that the CU License Plate number you requested is available and then the official form will be mailed to you. (Note: Numbers available through CU9999)