2016 Education Scholarship Program
Official Information and Guidelines
Dover Federal Credit Union is pleased to offer educational scholarships of $1,000 each to students who are Dover Federal Credit Union members.
Students wishing to apply for a scholarship:
1. Must be a MEMBER (joint owner status does not qualify) of Dover Federal Credit Union for not less than six (6) months prior to the date of application.
2. Applicants may fall into one of two categories:
- Graduating high school senior (or equivalent) that has been accepted to and will attend an accredited college or university after graduation.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student in good standing of an accredited college or university.
3. All applicants are required to have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent as of Mid-Term Year of 2016, or as of the most current official transcript available. Official transcripts need to be submitted with the completed application. If time does not allow the Official transcript to be attached, a print out from the school’s website may be submitted.
4. Two letters of recommendation must accompany the application. At least one must be from a counselor, school official or teacher. Letters of recommendation must be signed and on official letterhead when appropriate.
5. Applicants must submit a written essay of 750 words or less, double spaced, font to be Times New Roman 12, on the following topic:
How will your college education help you to make a difference for others?
All applications and essays become property of Dover Federal Credit Union and will not be returned.
6. Selected applicants must:
- Be enrolled as a full time student for the fall of 2016.
- Provide an Acceptance Letter from an Accredited College or University.
- Submit a copy of their most recent official transcript. If time does not allow the Official transcript to be attached, a print out from the school’s website may be submitted.
7. Recipients of any scholarship award will be required to sign a marketing release.
All information will be treated confidentially. All applications must submitted and time stamped no later than 11:59 pm, April 15, 2016. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline date, and will only be accepted through online submission.
Students will be responsible for providing Dover Federal Credit Union with all the appropriate documentation with the application. Selected applicants will be notified by May 15, 2016. Scholarship money will be made payable to the selected applicants and the educational institution’s financial aid office.
For more information please contact Dover Federal Credit Union at 888-818-3328.