External Site Notice
What’s in a Number?
Well, quite simply, a LOT! Understanding the influence a credit score can have on a consumer’s financial opportunities is essential. Your credit score will help lenders determine the amount of money that they will allow you borrow, the interest rate they may charge you on that borrowed money and the length of time in which you have to pay that borrowed money back.
Why Is My Credit Score Important?
- A credit report is a snapshot of one’s financial responsibility.
- Your credit score provides insight into your financial status & obligations.
- Lenders will often use the information and score associated with a credit report to make lending decisions.
What Does My Credit Show?
- It reports on payment history.
- It shows lines of credit.
- It shows how much credit you have available versus how much credit you are using.
- Shows any public records such as liens, judgments, and bankruptcies.
How Do I Know What My Credit Score Is?
You can request a complimentary annual credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com, from each of the three credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion).
This is a great way to monitor the status of your financial health. By reviewing your report annually, you can determine if the information listed properly reflects you and your credit usage, and likewise can serve as a valuable tool to ensure that your personal credit has not been compromised from identity theft.
I Need Credit Score Help. What Can I Do?
Dover Federal Credit Union offers a complimentary credit score analysis. This program helps a member review their credit report and understand what is influencing their credit score, while also identifying areas of opportunity to improve your credit score, lower loan payments and eliminate high-interest debt.
This is a great credit union. The employees are friendly and do their job well. The rates are great and the fees are low. I will never use a regular bank again!